This policy explains what cookies are, how we uses them on our websites and what you can do to manage how they are used.
Cookies and how they benefit you
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect.
- Remember your settings during and between visits.
- Improve the speed/security of the site.
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook.
- Continuously improve our website for you.
How long do cookies last?
- Some date in the future – which might be a few minutes or a few hours from now (to track something like your shopping cart in an online store). The cookie might expire many years in the future, to keep track of your browser for a long time.
- When you close your browser – this is called a session cookie, the next time you start your browser these will have vanished.
- Some date in the past – this is how the server asks a browser to remove a previously-stored cookie.
Anonymous visitor statistics cookies
Our site uses the following analytics programs:
Advertising or targeting cookies
These types of cookies are used to deliver adverts which will be more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement and to help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are normally placed by advertising networks with the organisation’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Targeting or advertising cookies will often be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
Turning cookies off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so, however, will likely limit the functionality of ours and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.